(Junior) SHIP OPERATOR
The position provides the opportunity to become a member of a growing and innovative commercial team based in Oslo. You will participate in the coordinating of the day to day operational activities of owned, time and voyage chartered ships ensuring compliance with the charter party by communicating with a variety of traders, charterers, brokers and post-fixture staff of our customers. You will report to the senior ship operator and work close to vice president commercial.
The Ship Operators are the focal point for the coordination and control of all cargo and voyage information.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Issuing orders including loading and discharge instructions;
- Ensuring that charterers, operators and traders are kept fully informed of latest ship schedules and programmes;
- Issuing and releasing of Bills of Lading where applicable and ensuring timely receipt of Bill of Lading data to facilitate commencement of invoicing process;
- Monitor collection of freight and surrender of Bills of Lading consistent with Charter Party terms;
- University Degree in Marine Transportation or similar marine business discipline issued by an accredited university
- Assist in daily chartering activities
- Strong analytical skills;
- Affinity with working in an international environment;
- Applicant should be a skilled communicator and team player;
- Fluent verbal and written English.
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Challenging working environment.
Looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to expand your skills in an international environment? Please send your response in ENGLISH by e-mail to: email@example.com or Mrs. Annemieke Vos at +31 (0) 10 2996725 for more information. If you have enquiries about Avance Gas, please send an e-mail to LPG@avancegas.com or call +47-22 00 48 00.