Marine Superintendent - Singapore - Salary 68,000 GBP and benefits
Our client is the world’s largest natural gas company by reserves. Their activities include global trading and shipping of various commodities, such as liquefied natural (LNG) and petroleum (LPG) and crude oil, and business development of various projects.
All cargo operations and shipping is handled by the Shipping & Logistics business unit which operates from offices in London and Singapore.
· Singapore with international travel
· Shipping Technical Manager (based in London)
· Provide technical expertise in discussions with shore terminal and conducting ship-to-shore compatibility studies
· Conduct ship vetting utilising the Ship Inspection Report (SIRE) system and client's own vetting policies.
· Maintain ISO 9001:2008 accreditation of the Shipping Quality Management System (QMS) which will involve maintaining records, KPI tracking and recommending improvements to the system. Prepare for both internal and external audits of QMS and report accordingly.
· Expanding and maintaining QMS to the Logistics area of the business unit (cargo operations, quality surveys, terminal vetting).
· Monitor HSSE regulatory changes and initiatives for fleet compliance and improvements in operations including future compliance of ship specifications for future business expansion plans and projects.
· Support the operators of client-chartered vessels and vessels used by sellers to the client on HSSE issues. Information sharing of HSSE bulletins and initiatives as required.
· Attend conferences and meetings of industry bodies for HSSE-related matters as required and represent the client.
· Assist in setting up the Cadetship Schemes with Maritime Academies in Russia for the client's chartered fleet.
· Maintain regular contact with Russian officers and cadets on chartered vessels to ensure their learning and growth in-line with client expectations.
· Other responsibilities as directed by management.
· Office-based experience in HSSE- and quality assurance (QA)-related management with oil major, a trading house or an independent ship-owner.
· Sea-going experience as senior officer on tanker vessels (LPG/LNG/Crude - advantageous).
· Vigorous supporter of HSSE and QA related matters.
· Good understanding of the shipping industry, its framework and the network of key stakeholders;
· Fluent English and Russian (advantageous);
· Personal features - open-minded, pro-active, mobile, prepared to work in a small but expanding team, take responsibility and work under pressure.
· Target bonus of 25% per annum
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· Business Travel Insurance
· Employer contributions to the Singapore State Pension
· Potential relocation allowance